[gst-devel] mepg 4 simple profile in gstreamer

Robert Swain robert.swain at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 10:53:29 CEST 2009

Hello,

2009/10/13 Xing Fan <xing.fan0302 at googlemail.com>:
>     I want to use mpeg 4 simple profile codecs. I wonder which gstreamer
> plugin should I install? I checked all the plugins, only find mpeg 4 parse
> in plugin bad. Where are the codecs. Thanks for your kind help!

For decoding: ffdec_mpeg4 (i.e. install gst-ffmpeg) or xviddec (gst-plugins-bad)
For encoding: xvidenc (i.e. gst-plugins-bad) or ffenc_mpeg4 (gst-ffmpeg)

I'd recommend FFmpeg for decoding and XviD for encoding. You will need
to specify settings appropriately to be compliant with the MPEG-4 Part
2 Simple Profile restrictions though.

Regards,
Rob