[gst-devel] why my camera pipeline freeze when I added oggmux?

Zhao, Halley halley.zhao at intel.com
Mon Oct 19 11:24:25 CEST 2009

Hi all:
We have a new camera source element, which is created based on v4l2src element with some add-on features.
git://git.moblin.org/gst_mrst_camera_src.git
It works for viewfinding pipeline:
gst-launch -v mycamsrc! video/x-raw-yuv ! queue ! xvimagesink

the viewfinding is also ok when I tried to add theoraenc:
gst-launch -v mycamsrc ! video/x-raw-yuv ! tee name=t ! queue ! xvimagesink t. ! queue ! theoraenc ! filesink location=test.ogg
(but test.ogg keeps a const size of 22k)

Then when I try to add oggmux, the viewfinding freezed (got the first frame, then no update):
gst-launch -v mycamsrc ! video/x-raw-yuv ! tee name=t ! queue ! xvimagesink t. ! queue ! theoraenc ! oggmux ! filesink location=test.ogg

I create the log by the following pipeline (just add num-buffer=5):
gst-launch -v mycamsrc num-buffers=5 ! video/x-raw-yuv ! tee name=t ! queue ! xvimagesink t. ! queue ! theoraenc ! oggmux ! filesink location=test.ogg &>tee.log

Could anyone point me where is wrong in my pipeline?
Or any suspicion of the mycamsrc element?
Great thanks.

ZHAO, Halley (Aihua)
Email: halley.zhao at intel.com<BLOCKED::mailto:aihua.zhao at intel.com>
Tel: +86(21)61166476