[gst-devel] rtpmp2tpay & depay problem

Jyoti jyoti.d at allaboutif.com
Wed Oct 21 13:26:10 CEST 2009

Hi All,

I am trying implement a multicast UDP Server Client module using gstreamer.
On server side the data is payloaded as RTP MPEG2 TS packets, and on client
I do
depayloaded the same abd demux , decode these packects & fprward it to sink
elements.

On server side if I send only one stream of video the client works fine. But
if I send both
video & audio data, the client doesn't play at all.

Can someone please help me to get out of this problem.
The pipelines for server & client are as below:

Server:

gst-launch -v mpegtsmux name=mux ! rtpmp2tpay ! udpsink port=1234
host=224.2.8.13 filesrc
location=/home/jyoti/workdir/filesys/opt/data/collateral.ts ! mpegtsdemux
name=d d. !  mux. d. ! mux.

Client:

gst-launch udpsrc uri=udp://224.2.8.13:1234 caps="application/x-rtp,
media=(string)video, clock-rate=(int)90000, encoding-name=(string)MP2T-ES,
payload=(int)33"  ! rtpmp2tdepay ! mpegtsdemux name=d d. ! queue !
ffdec_h264 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! videoscale ! queue ! xvimagesink  d. ! queue
! mad ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! queue  ! alsasink -v

On the other hand if I do send RTP payloaded audio & video on different
udpsinks at server & depayload on client
the video is too jerky & slow.

Thanks,
Jyoti