[gst-devel] OAH build of gstreamer could not find plugins.

Andoni Morales Alastruey ylatuya at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 11:47:05 CEST 2009

El vie, 23-10-2009 a las 09:19 +0800, Peter Cai escribió:
> Yeah, I call gst_init(&argv,&argc) to initialize gstreamer, and I also
> use --gst-plugin-path to set plugin path to where I installed OAH
> build.
>
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 7:19 AM, thiagossantos at gmail.com
> <thiagossantos at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>         On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 5:39 PM, Peter Cai
>         <newptcai at gmail.com> wrote:
>                 Today I tried the OAH build of gstreamer and I could
>                 compile the hello world example.
>
>                 But when the code reaches the following lines, it
>                 meets a problem:
>
>                   source   = gst_element_factory_make ("filesrc",
>                 "file-source");
>                   demuxer  = gst_element_factory_make ("oggdemux",
>                 "ogg-demuxer");
>                   decoder  = gst_element_factory_make ("vorbisdec",
>                 "vorbis-decoder");
>                   conv     = gst_element_factory_make ("audioconvert",
>                 "converter");
>                   sink     = gst_element_factory_make
>                 ("autoaudiosink", "audio-output");
>
>                 NONE of these elements could be found, but gst-inspect
>                 could find all of them.
>
>                 I turned on the log and it prints out :
>

>                 0:00:00.062400000 [333m 4904 [00m   005429D0
>                 [32;01mINFO [00m [00;01;37;41m
>                 GST_ELEMENT_FACTORY
>                 gstelementfactory.c:484:gst_element_factory_make: [00m
>                 no su
>                 ch element factory "filesrc"!
>
>                 I think it's not the problem of path, because the dlls
>                 of gstreamer is in PATH and I put it in the command
>                 line parameters to make sure:
>
>                 --gst-debug-level=3 --gst-plugin-path="C:/Program
>                 Files/FOSS/bin"
The plugins should be in lib/gstreamer0.10 and not in the bin folder,
this way you don't mix both. That's probably why GStreamer can't find
any of those plugins you are trying to load. You can also use the
environment variable GST_PLUGIN_PATH to set the plugins path.
On Windows, if you prefer, you can also try GStreamer
WinBuilds(http://www.gstreamer-winbuild.ylatuya.es/)
Andoni