[gst-devel] Selective data processing in a pipeline

rad_e rad_e at rocketmail.com
Fri Oct 30 04:20:04 CET 2009

I am trying to understand how I can selectively process data in a pipeline.
For example, in a (src->A->B->sink) pipeline, there are packets coming from
the src to plugin A. What I want to do is to pass these packets to plugin B
only if the packet satisfies some condition, otherwise I want to drop the
packet. I read about "sometimes pads". Should I implement such that plugin A
has "sometimes source". Is this the proper way of doing this? Any pointers?

Thanks