[gst-devel] "Could not open audio device for playback" error if creating/destructing pipeline from multiple threads

segr segr at is-nn.ru
Fri Oct 30 08:50:10 CET 2009

Thanks for your reply.

rmkart wrote:

> Whether you try to open audio device in 2 threads simultaneously?

I suppose, that yes... I`m creating pipeline in multiple threads, though it
is possible that they use device concurrently.

rmkart wrote:

> If you have any audio player application that is open also can create a
> problem

I think that most of players have no need to work in multiple threads with
gstreamer, because the usual scenario is to start one media after another.

I`m working on application that include different functionality: Video
playback, audio playback and sip-based phone, though there are some
scenarios(for example incoming call during video playback) that need
creation of few pipelines from different threads. Because of that I tested
these things and get the following error. The test program I posted earlier,
is just to reproduce the problem.