[gst-devel] Mute stream while playing over RTSP server

Felipe Mogollón fmogollon at vicomtech.org
Fri Sep 4 10:58:22 CEST 2009

Hello,

I have build a RSTP server using gst-rtsp-server.

I play a stream over RTSP using a pipeline like this:

filesrc location=/home/usuario/myvideo.avi ! decodebin name=dec dec. !
glupload ! glfiltercube ! gldownload ! x264enc bitrate=100 ! rtph264pay
name=pay0 pt=96 dec. ! queue ! audioresample ! audioconvert ! volume !
audioconvert ! alawenc ! rtppcmapay name=pay1 pt=90

I get volume plugin and I set mute parameter to TRUE in this way:

gboolean oldVolume;
gboolean mutedVolume=TRUE;
gboolean newVolume;
g_object_get(myVolume, "mute", &oldVolume, NULL);
g_debug("Previous volume %d\n",oldVolume);
g_object_set(myVolume, "mute", mutedVolume, NULL);
g_object_get(myVolume, "mute", &newVolume, NULL);
g_debug("Modified volume %d\n",newVolume);

It prints that mute has been modified and set to 1, but when I listen
the stream using vlc I can hear sound.

Thanks in advance,

Felipe