[gst-devel] What does this GStreamer error mean?

Aurelien Grimaud gstelzz at yahoo.fr
Tue Sep 8 21:42:09 CEST 2009

Well,

 > man pthread_mutex_destroy
> ERRORS
>        The pthread_mutex_destroy() function may fail if:
>
>        EBUSY  The implementation has detected an attempt to destroy
> the object referenced by mutex while it is locked
>               or referenced (for example, while being used in a
> pthread_cond_timedwait() or  pthread_cond_wait())  by
>               another thread.

Last reference on your udpsrc is dropped while it is still running.
One of the mutex of udpsrc is locked, while being destroyed in the
dispose function of udpsrc.

As said : you need to explicitely set the udpsrc to NULL state before
dropping the final reference.

If you already set it to NULL before removing from pipeline, this means
you have a refcount problem somewhere.

Aurelien