[gst-devel] Release plan for this month: Core/Base/Python/FFmpeg

Jan Schmidt thaytan at noraisin.net
Fri Sep 11 12:21:50 CEST 2009

Hi all,

The release schedule currently says that gst-plugins-ugly and gst-ffmpeg
are due for release in this month's cycle. It was pointed out though,
that the GNOME 2.28 tarballs are due this month, and distros will be
rolling things up shortly afterward. Accordingly, if we pull the
Core/Base and Python releases forward from next month, there's a good
chance that distros will be able to include them in their next release.

There's a few issues in the 0.10.24 core/base that make this an
attractive prospect. However, gst-ffmpeg is also in need of a release to
fix a nasty bug in the last tarballs, so the plan is that
Core/Base/Python *and* gst-ffmpeg will be released this month.

I'll freeze all 4 modules tonight, and make pre-releases. Following a
normal 2 week release cycle for the modules, that means the tarballs
should be out Sept 25th.

Cheers,
Jan.
--