[gst-devel] How to use RTSP server to transmit live video stream in one branch of pipeline?

Yiliang Bao yiliangb at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 01:30:54 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have the following pipeline. The video is being locally captured
continuously, and at the same time, I need to transmit the video through RTP
based on user request by dynamically switching on and off the second branch
of the tee.

gst-launch v4l2src ! x264enc ! tee name=t ! queue ! filesink
location=capture.264 t. ! queue ! mpegtsmux ! rtpmp2tpay ! udpsink
host=192.168.1.64 port=5000

My question is: "Is it possible that I can transmit the second branch using
gstreamer RTSP server?" Or "Is there any way that I can implement that
functionality with gstreamer RTSP server/"

I read the examples of RTSP server, it seems that I always need to register
the complete pipeline with RTSP server, before the server starts. And the
pipeline is started inside RTSP server. In this case, the local capture will
start and stop with streaming. This is not desired.

Thanks,
Yiliang