[gst-devel] multichannel vorbis

Dirk Griffioen dirk.griffioen at barcelonamedia.org
Fri Sep 18 16:33:52 CEST 2009

Thanks for the answer!
> I think you need to interleave several mono channels from audiotestsrc
> into a stereo stream and then shove them into the vorbis encoder. You
> need an audio mixer, or something like that.

I would like to encode separate channels.

For example, this runs

gst-launch-0.10 -v interleave name=i ! queue ! \
vorbisenc ! vorbisdec ! \
jackaudiosink connect=none \
jackaudiosrc ! audioconvert ! queue ! i. \
jackaudiosrc ! audioconvert ! queue ! i.

but this does not:

gst-launch-0.10 -v interleave name=i ! queue ! \
vorbisenc ! vorbisdec ! \
jackaudiosink connect=none \
jackaudiosrc ! audioconvert ! queue ! i. \
jackaudiosrc ! audioconvert ! queue ! i. \
jackaudiosrc ! audioconvert ! queue ! i. \
jackaudiosrc ! audioconvert ! queue ! i.

Do you know why? The vorbis spec allows for 255 channels and I simply
would like to run n channels through the vorbis encoder ...

I really could use some help.

Thanks in advance, Dirk