[gst-devel] multiudpsink fd leak, BUG?

Fri Sep 25 01:11:49 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I have a file descriptor leak, the problem arise when I use the remove signal in multiudpsink.

To add a new client to multiudpsink in my python code I do something like this:

self.multisink.emit('add',host,port)

and to remove a client I use:

self.multisink.emit('remove',host,port)

1) when I add a new client two fd are used
2) when I remove a client the file descriptor aren't given back
3) if I stop the whole stream only the file descriptor for the current connected client are given back

so if in a for loop I add and remove client to a multiudpsink element I have a file descriptor leak,

is there something wrong in my code or this is a gstreamer bug?

thanks
Nicola