[gst-devel] how can I make gst-rtsp-server as a VOD server?

dxssx dxssx.dxssx at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 12:06:32 CEST 2009

Hi, I want to use gst-rtsp-server as my vod server, but I found it is too
hard for some reasons:

1. rtsp-server has no flow control in sending packet.
It sends packets as fast as possible which makes client can not decode in
time.

2. rtsp-server has no dynamic url.
Everytime I add a file into vod list, I need to add a url mapping for it.

3. rtsp-server doesn't support dynamic pipeline.
Everytime I add a file into vod list, I need to rewrite a new pipeline to
parse and rtppay it.

I am new here, so I am afraid that I missed something useful in rtsp-server
or gstreamer to overcome the problems above.

Does anyone can help me?

Thanks.