[gst-devel] gstreamer-devel Digest, Vol 40, Issue 30

Dalton Cézane daltoncezane at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 21:24:30 CEST 2009

> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 11:10:44 +0200
> From: Edward Hervey <bilboed at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [gst-devel] Demux H264 video and HE-AAC audio
> To: Discussion of the development of GStreamer
>        <gstreamer-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>
>
> Use mpegtsdemux and not ffdemux_mpegts. The rule of thumb is : don't use
> the ffmpeg demuxers (they have a rank of NONE for a reason).
>
>   Edward

Hi, Edward. Thanks for your answer. But, I could not install the
mpegtsdemux. I saw that gstreamer-plugins-bad contains it but when I use
"sudo apt-get install gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad" and nothing (I am using
Ubuntu 8.10)... the packet "bad" is already the newer here in my OS. Can you
tell me how I install this plugin?

And, Sean (below), the problem is not with osssink. I tried to run with the
alsasink too, but it did not work. The error is:

 gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location="GLOBO188bytes.mpg" ! ffdemux_mpegts
name=d d. queue ! ffdec_h264 ! xvimagesink d. queue ! faad ! audioconvert !
alsasink

Leaving the connection as PAUSED ...
The connection is making PREROLL ...
ERROR: of the element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/ffdemux_mpegts:d: Internal data
stream error.
Aditional debbuging Information:
gstffmpegdemux.c(1364): gst_ffmpegdemux_loop ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/ffdemux_mpegts:d:
streaming stopped, reason error
ERROR: the connection does not want to make preroll.
Leaving the connection in NULL ...
FREEING the connection ...

Thanks in advance!

> Message: 2
> Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 11:47:00 -0400
> From: Sean McNamara <smcnam at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [gst-devel] Demux H264 video and HE-AAC audio
> To: Discussion of the development of GStreamer
>        <gstreamer-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>
>
> Are you sure the problem isn't with osssink? Post the entire output of
> using gst-launch with this command, and you may also try autoaudiosink
> instead of osssink. If you're sure the problem isn't with the
> audiosink, I'll need to see the rest of the output to know what
> exactly went wrong.
>
> HTH,
>
> Sean

Dalton Cézane - Voip UFCG: 1075-2005
Mestrando em Ciência da Computação (UFCG)
Bacharel em Ciência da Computação (UFCG)
Técnico em Informática (ETER)