[gst-devel] One microphone, recording mono fails

Jan Martinek honza at dp.fce.vutbr.cz
Tue Sep 29 14:25:58 CEST 2009

Hi,

this is interesting, thank you. But is it a recommended, clean solution
or just workaround?

I have tried mono recording on a different (older) computer and it works
fine there. Relevant line from "lspci" is this:

00:11.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc.
VT8233/A/8235/8237 AC97 Audio Controller (rev 50)

On the other hand, one channel recording fails on my computer with
00:14.2 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA)

Does it depend on hardware? Do capabilities differ? I would be
surprised, because this seems to me as very basic functionality.

Thank you,
Jan Martinek