[gst-devel] Is it possible to stream video and audio with udp on separate streams?

Rohan rohan at perzonae.com
Wed Sep 23 12:05:09 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I am quite new to gstreamer, and have been messing around with
streaming audio and video.  It is important for what I am doing that
the audio and video streams are kept separate.  The video is also
output on the client side.

I have got most of this working with these two scripts:

#!/bin/bash
#### Image/sound source, sends signal to receiver
# tap the v4l2src and tee it
pipe='v4l2src ! tee name=tee ' # original video source, and fork
# fork off, buffer
pipe="$pipe tee. ! queue ! ffmpegcolorspace  ! smokeenc keyframe=8 qmax=40 ! "
# send to server
pipe="$pipe udpsink host=127.0.0.1 port=5000 sync=false "
# fork off, buffer, and display
pipe="$pipe tee. ! queue ! "
# encode and display
pipe="$pipe ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink"

# and now to add sound
pipe="$pipe audiotestsrc ! queue ! decodebin ! "
pipe="$pipe  audioconvert ! speexenc ! tcpserversink host=127.0.0.1 port=5001 "
gst-launch-0.10 $pipe

#!/bin/bash
# video receiver and display
# video src
pipe="udpsrc port=5000 ! smokedec ! autovideosink"

# audio
pipe="$pipe tcpclientsrc host=127.0.0.1 port=5001 ! "
pipe="$pipe speexdec ! queue ! alsasink sync=false "

gst-launch-0.10 $pipe

What I would prefer to do is send both streams over udp, but when I
change the tcp parts to the same as used for video, but with a
different port, e.g. 5001 the audio does not work.

Is there something I am missing, or is it not possible to stream two
separate udp streams in this way?

Thanks for any help,

Rohan

P.S. I have also been having problems getting video bins to play
nicely, but that is for another post. ;)