[gst-devel] [cairo] Using cairo/pixman for raw video in GStreamer

Alberto Ruiz aruiz at gnome.org
Wed Sep 30 16:28:18 CEST 2009

2009/9/30 Benjamin Otte <otte at gnome.org>:
> What now?
>
> When talking on IRC about this I realized that there is quite a lack
> of knowledge on all sides - my knowledge often isn't deep enough,
> GStreamer people don't know enough about state-of-the-art video
> handling and its gains and pitfalls, Cairo and X people lack knowledge
> about the requirements for video playback - and this lack of knowledge
> often results in preconceptions that lead to wrong decisions and make
> life harder on all sides.
> It would be nice if there was a way to get you people together and
> actually educate each other about this process. I'd suggest a
> hackfest, but I'm not sure what others think and who to approach for
> funding and locations.

For funding and locations you should approach someone at the board, I
approached Behdad for the Gtk+ theming hackfest and I organized it in
my workplace. The location would be nicer to decide once you have an
idea on who's coming so that you can find a location that suits them
better (and therefore it'll make it cheaper to do). As the mozilla
foundation is also involved in both Cairo and video these days I'm
pretty sure we can find a way for them to support the hackfest as
well.

So for the first step, try to come up with a list of people that would
be interested in going to such hackfest.

BTW, Great work!!! I can't wait to see some results.

--
Cheers,
Alberto Ruiz