[gst-devel] Need to confirm what constitutes an MJPEG stream

Marc Leeman marc.leeman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 13:48:44 CEST 2010

> FWIW, I tried a tool called JPLAYER from the net, a supposed mjpeg player.  It will play the "live" stream from http://10.xx.yy.zz but it won't play file:///.../soup.mjpg.
> Is MJPG a correct file type? (just in case jplayer is dumb enough to check the file extension and not the mime-type.)  The divx player can't play the file either.

I don't know the format of a mjpeg file; but this command will just
store your jpeg files sequentially.

One JPEG after the other one.

If you send it on the network and listen to it again; you'll see that
you get one jpeg coming in after the other.

--
  greetz, marc
What is now proved was once only imagin'd.