[gst-devel] gstreamer ossbuild misssing pieces

Kulecz, Walter (JSC-SK)[WYLE INTEG. SCI. & ENG.] walter.kulecz-1 at nasa.gov
Wed Apr 7 19:37:21 CEST 2010

I despise Visual C++

I thought what I was downloading used Msys/minGW32, not CygWin.    I do have an older version of Cygwin installed with gcc 3.2, the Msys version I downloaded is gcc 4.4.3.  I don't know if this matters.

At this point, I just want to play with gst-launch to see if gstreamer on Win32 would actually be viable for what I need.  If it is, keeping the build systems similar for both Linux and Win32 would be a plus.  I'm comfortable with gcc and make, not so much with the autoconfig tools -- mostly for lack of good docs and versionitius -- 1.7, 1.9, 2.0 -- I don't care! pick one lose the rest, but seems I need all three for various things I do  :( .

From: Wesley J. Miller [WMiller at sdr.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2010 11:27 AM
To: Discussion of the development of GStreamer
Subject: Re: [gst-devel] gstreamer ossbuild misssing pieces

For what it's worth, if you wish to use it, Visual C++ works well with gstreamer on my Vista machine.  The few advantage are
  O  That feeling of familiarity if you've been a VC++ user
  O  Not having to use any config setups
  O  No need for CygWin.

You need to change your project configuration like this.

C++/General/Additional Include Directories:
   C:\gstreamer\include;"C:\gstreamer\include\glib-2.0";C:\gstreamer\include\libxml2;"C:\gstreamer\include\gstreamer-0.10";"C:\gstreamer\include\gstreamer-0.10\gst\controller"

Linker/General/Additional Library Directories:
   c:\gstreamer\lib

Linker/Input/Additional Dependencies:
   gstcontroller-0.10.lib glib-2.0.lib gstreamer-0.10.lib gobject-2.0.lib