[gst-devel] unrank a plugin?

wl2776 wl2776 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 21:49:34 CEST 2010

I'd like to widen a question.
DirectShow has a callback system (forgot its name, but I've used it to avoid
using some decoders in a graphbuilder in my application).
The point is. You set up a callback function, and every time the graph
builder finds a suitable filter for the graph, it calls this callback with
the guid of the found filter. The function must return true or false. If it
returns true, the graphbuilder uses the chosen filter, otherwise it drops it
and seeks for another one.

I think, it would be useful to implement similar idea in the GStreamer.