[gst-devel] How to build gstreamer pipeline with VAAPI hardware acceleration?

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 10:56:54 CEST 2010

On Fri, 2010-04-09 at 16:08 +0800, David Song wrote:
> I think at least sink element (e.g. xvimagesink)  need enhancement to
> get decoded data which is not a general buffer.

  That would indeed be one of the reasons, plus:
 * we'd need to make sure all elements in a standard playbin pipeline
can handle that kind of data
 * we'd need to have va-api specific elements to handle common features
like scaling, deinterlacing, mixing
 * we'd need to be careful about the lifetime of va-api specific data
 * pray ffmpeg doesn't change the layout of their va-api specific
buffers
 * ...