[gst-devel] Help building a pipeline

J. Rios jrioslists at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 00:00:03 CEST 2010

I have done this

One bin called outputbin with this elements
tee ! queue ! audioconvert ! rgvolume ! level ! equalizer-10bands ! limiter
! volume ! audioconvert ! autoaudiosink

I attached this outputbin as "audio-sink" of a playbin

so i have
playbin ! outputbin

I then do the recordbin on demand of the user with this elements
queue ! audioconvert ! lame ! filesink

I add this recordbin to the outputbin and link the tee with the queue of the
recordbin

the recording works correctly but while I im listening an online stream and
recording I usually get this message (when running with --gst-debug=2)

0:02:58.811503553 32083      0x38845c0 WARN                   pulse
pulsesink.c:523:gst_pulsering_stream_underflow_cb:<autoaudiosink2-actual-sink-pulse>
Got underflow

and playback stops.

When its at this point the only way to restore is to restart the playback
from start but I get some ref_count > 0 warnings.

I control when I receive BUFFERING messages and if so playback is restored
fine. What Am I doing wrong?

Also when I receive tags I want to change the output file of the filesink so
I need to do this

gst_element_set_state( recordbin, GST_STATE_NULL );
g_object_set( filesink, "location", uristr, NULL );
gst_element_set_state( recording, GST_STATE_PLAYING );

Its usually at this point when I get the underflow message but not always.

Thanks in advance for your help

J.Rios