[gst-devel] Where'd the timestamps go?

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Sat Apr 10 00:42:01 CEST 2010

I found the answer!  Wish I could say the search was painless.

I saved an MJPEG stream file using  gst-launch souphttpsrc ! multipartdemux
! matroskamux ! filesink

I then parsed the file using a Rexx program breaking out JPEGs by locating
the 0xFFD8 delimiters, then parsed each JPEG looking for FFFE comment
delimiters.  The second comment at offset 21 contains the date.  The date is
at offset 27 and is coded in hex as Unix Time, seconds since
1970:01:01:00:00:00.

Wes