[gst-devel] Why does this working gst-launch pipeline not work when compiled?

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Mon Apr 12 20:56:46 CEST 2010

I have this pipeline working in linux and windows:

gst-Launch -e souphttpsrc location="my_url" ! multipartdemux ! matroskamux !
filesink location="my_file"

When I code this up in C, no signal handlers, no callback, just 4 elements,
add-many-ed and link-many -ed.

When I get to setting the pipeline to playing it returns 2 - asynch event.

So, I'm just completely confused.  Why does it work at a command prompt and
not in a program?  What's supposed to catch what asynch event?  I know I'll
need a callback for errors, but what will it need to be hooked to?  This all
seems so simple except it isn't.

Wes