[gst-devel] Why does this working gst-launch pipeline not work when compiled?

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Tue Apr 13 21:18:09 CEST 2010

Sadly, I have read the book and I still don't get it.  I'll pose simple
questions and figure out the bits that don't click.

I DID!!!! get my pipe to work with gst_parse_launch() thanks to the example
at
https://vcs.maemo.org/svn/maemoexamples/tags/maemo_4.1/maemo-examples/example_wavlaunch.c

One simple question still needs answered.  The example expects to get a
"stop" sent in from a button click in the gui.  I don't have a gui - my
stuff needs to run unseen -- so I need to know how to stop it cleanly, i.e.
as if I'd coded a -e in the gst-launch command line.  It is possible to tell
the loop to catch ctrl-c or will I need a C signal handler?

Wes