[gst-devel] how to make gstreamer run in separate thread

wl2776 wl2776 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 08:39:06 CEST 2010

Bugzilla from 4ernov at gmail.com wrote:

> Stefan, it seems that Qt event loop has g_main_loop_run() call somewhere
> inside of it. For example, I don't call g_main_loop_run anywhere in my
> program
> at all and even don't create GMainLoop object, I don't have while(true)
> pseudo
> event loop but all the gstreamer stuff works just ok except this issue
> with
> threads. Do you know if it's true? If so, maybe there's some way to bind
> gstreamer's event loop to other QThread's Qt event loop..

Does "all the gstreamer stuff" include your-defined bus watch?

It's very easy to check, who calls this function - just run your app in gdb
and put a breakpoint inside the function. Then use the 'bt' command to
display the backtrace.

Googleing for the "Qt polls glib main loop" shows some messages, suggesting
that the work on uniting main loops or QT and GLib were on their way in
2004.