[gst-devel] Checking capabilities of GStreamer

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Mon Apr 19 16:17:46 CEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-04-19 at 10:54 -0300, Tiago Katcipis wrote:

> i believe gst-inspect is a link to gst-inspect-0.10.

gst-foo is a wrapper binary that will check for existing gst-foo-X.Y and
then call the one with the highest version. (I have no idea what the
point of this is though, since there will likely be incompatibilities
between different major versions, so calling the unversioned gst-foo
rather than the versioned one is is likely to cause problems in future
when we start hacking on 0.11. IMHO the unversioned binaries should just
go away in future.)

Cheers
 -Tim