[gst-devel] source for http mjpeg streams (was: Could not close resource error when using gnomevfssrc with ftp)

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Wed Apr 21 21:53:45 CEST 2010

On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 14:31 -0500, Kulecz, Walter (JSC-SK)[WYLE INTEG.
SCI. & ENG.] wrote:

> What is the proper source to use for a "netcam" that produces an MJPEG stream?

Any source that supports the http:// protocol. souphttpsrc is currently
our prefered http source.

Also, please don't hijack other threads - start your own thread for new
question.

> gst-launch giosrc location=http://192.168.1.100/video.cgi ! xvimagesink

The camera delivers encoded video data, I don't know why you think you
can pipe it into xvimagesink like that. The pipeline should probably
error out though.

> gst-launch playbin2 uri=http://192.168.1.100/video.cgi ! queue ! jpegdec ! xvimagesink
>
> Which gives:
>
> (gst-launch-0.10:3375): GLib-WARNING **: g_set_prgname() called multiple times
> WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link playbin20 to queue0
> Ubuntu910:~/gst-learn$ gst-launch playbin2 uri=http://192.168.1.100/video.cgi ! xvimagesink
> (gst-launch-0.10:3395): GLib-WARNING **: g_set_prgname() called multiple times
> WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link playbin20 to xvimagesink0

Well, this pipeline is just wrong. You can't link playbin2 to anything
(as the error message says). Maybe you meant to use uridecodebin
instead.

> Ubuntu 9.10 uses gstreamer-0.10.25.
> This is a low priority for me, but if I knew it worked it could be useful for me as
> a video source to experiment with gstreamer on Windows XP.

 gst-launch-0.10 playbin2 uri=http://1.2.3.4/foo.cgi

should work.

Cheers
 -Tim