[gst-devel] How do I get gst-inspect properties for v4l2src device other than /dev/video0?

Short, Jonathan jshort at tycoint.com
Wed Apr 21 22:01:00 CEST 2010

It
> is
> unfortunately platform specific. Glibs gthread abstraction does not
> cover this
> area (well).
>
> Stefan

Thanks greatly for the info.  I had a look at the examples, and can see
how to set thread priority now.  The one part I'm not clear on is how to
ensure that I am only setting the priority of the capture thread and not
others.  For instance, our pipeline has quite a few queues in it.  Its
not clear to me from the examples how the rtspsrc thread would be set at
a high priority while the consumer threads further down the pipeline
wouldn't.  Also based on the thread pool nature of gstreamer, is there
any assurance that the higher priority thread won't later be used for
something else?

Thanks again,

Jonathan