[gst-devel] Deinterlaced video seeking

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 16:20:38 CEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-22 at 17:33 +0400, Gregory Petrosyan wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am building an application that should be able to show interlaced 25
> fps DV video as deinterlaced 50 fps one. I have no problem using
> "deinterlace" component, and gst-inspect shows that source pad of it
> gives me 50 fps video indeed.
>
> (Pipeline looks like "filesrc ! queue ! decodebin ! ffmpegcolorspace !
> deinterlace ! ffmpegcolorspace ! autovideosink").
>
> As I understand, "seek" travels up the pipeline, until it reaches
> "dvdec" or something like that, and it can only seek with 25-fps
> accuracy, because it knows nothing about deinterlacing. What should I
> do to be able to seek this video with 50-fps accuracy?

  It should work with the GST_SEEK_FLAG_ACCURATE flag in your seek
event, which will make your seek nano-second accurate.
  The only problem is that I just checked deinterlace, and it doesn't
properly drop buffers before that seek point, but the videosink will
take that into account and properly display starting from the position
you requested.

  So, for displaying, the accuracy will work as expected, but for some
other uses it might not.

   Edward