[gst-devel] How can I wait for the pipeline destruction?

wl2776 wl2776 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 08:41:41 CEST 2010

Edward Hervey wrote:

> On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 03:26 -0800, wl2776 wrote:
>> Depending on media, my media player destroys previously created
>> playbin2
>> instance and creates and fills a new pipeline.
>   If you use gstreamer >= 0.10.28 you shouldn't have to tear down
> playbin2 completely, but instead should be able to re-use it.

My player has to play a sound from a separate file. Playbin2 is unable to do
that, and I have to manually create a new pipeline. I've chosen a design,
containing two uridecodebins and two bins, similar to those, a playsink
creates.

BTW, I still have doubts about this, as setting new uri to the uridecodebin
doesn't work. Its filesrc keeps the previous uri.