[gst-devel] Need Help managing video devices

chmario chmario at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 30 09:08:46 CEST 2010

I work on image processing and computer vision, since I don't use windows
anymore I have been in the process of changing my code to use open source
libraries; So I am now changing my code from VfW to Gstremaer.

I have manage to do some basic thinks with the video devices,  I can:
- List all the v4l2src devices and it's available resolutions.
- Connect to a selected video device at a specific resolution.
- Watch the live video form the video device.

I thought that I was using the Gstreamer framework properly but I am having
some strange behavior in my program:
- Some times even when different devices are listed I just can connect to a
single one even when I select a different one.
- After several times relisting all the devices and resolutions the
resolutions list returns empty.

I have been using cheese (http://live.gnome.org/Cheese) source code as
reference to help me sort out my problems since I thought is the best open
source application for webcams. But the source code is obscure so it hast
not been really helpful.

I would appreciate if some one can help.
I am attached the definition for my video device class and the code. the
function enumCapDev() list the connected video devices but I am not sure is
the correct way to do it.

I am working under Devian GNU/Linux and using GTK+ for GUI.

Regards
Mario

http://n4.nabble.com/forum/FileDownload.jtp?type=n&id=2076554&name=ADT_GStreamer.cpp
ADT_GStreamer.cpp