[gst-devel] Flow of EOS

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Wed Aug 4 16:03:50 CEST 2010

In my real application the appsink is pulling info out of the metadata dn
storing it into a sidecar file, matched by timestamp, to the recorded video.
This allows me to match the video to external events later and doesn't
require any kind of embedding that could get lost or corrupted as I massage,
shrink, convert and compress  the video.  I need to let appsink know to
change output files as well as the filesink.

I had been tearing down and recreating the pipe for each new timeslot.
Didn't think to actually build two pipes and switch one off when the other
picks up.  Might give that a try.

On the bad side, I have tried just sending the EOS to filesink by injecting
it below the tee.  Somehow, I know not how, it magically gets to the appsink
leg anyway.  Sigh.  I even tri3ed turning the bus message into a signal and
only catching the filesink signal.  Didn't help.  Sigh, squared.

Thanks much!

Wes