[gst-devel] How to make GNonLin not to decode videoclip?

wl2776 wl2776 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 15:33:50 CEST 2010

I'd like to cut a fragment from a video clip save it to a new file of the
same format, and make it as soon as possible.
Another task - cut several pieces of one file and merge them to a file of
the same format.
That said, I don't want to recode the file.

I'm studying the GNonLin.
To discover its functionality I've created a pipeline, a gnlcomposition
object and two fakesinks and put the latter to the pipeline.
I am planning to replace fakesinks with the muxer and filesink.
I've also set a pad-added handler.

When I run the pipeline, and pad-added handler got called, the pad caps were
video/yuv-raw. That is, gnlcomposition has decoded the file.

Is it possible to avoid decoding and pause just at the demuxing and
discovering elementary stream formats?