[gst-devel] Small question regarding giosrc

Tiago Katcipis katcipis at inf.ufsc.br
Mon Aug 9 23:26:57 CEST 2010

Some time ago i was using gnomevfssrc, and stated that it was on deprecation
and gio was replacing it, on that time (i really don't remember exactly
when) i tried giosrc on my ubuntu (dont remember exactaly the version too)
and it worked fine, just like gnomevfs, just running:

gst-launch giosrc location=remote_uri ! etc

worked just fine.

For some reasons we sticked together with gnomevfssrc.

Now we are trying to migrate from gnomevfssrc to giosrc and it simply wont
work, the same pipeline that works for gnomevfssrc gives an error when i use
giosrc.

The error is:
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
ERROR: Pipeline doesn't want to pause.
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstGioSrc:giosrc0: Could not open
resource for reading.
Additional debug info:
gstgiosrc.c(321): gst_gio_src_get_stream ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstGioSrc:giosrc0:
Location sftp://user:pass@ip/tmp/test not mounted: The specified location is
not mounted
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

i was able to mount the location first...and then run the pipe...then it
works fine. But i remember that before i didn't have to mount anything, i
just had to use giosrc exactly as i use gnomevfssrc.  Something changed on
the giosrc element? or on the gio API? is there a way to automount things?
if the url already has the user and the password i don't understand why it
wont mount and open for me, its pretty annoying to mount and then run the
pipe.

If anyone can enlighten me i will appreciate... sorry if it is a stupid
question, I'm not very used with gvfs/gio.

Best regards,
Katcipis
--
http://www.getgnulinux.org/windows