[gst-devel] rtp streaming

Deroo Stijn S.Deroo at TELEVIC.com
Wed Aug 11 18:47:33 CEST 2010

Tristan,

Thanks!  This solved indeed my problem.  The stream is now playing.

However, it isn't very smooth.  The client output says: "There may be a timestamping problem, or this computer is too slow."  Can this be because of my computer is too slow, or should I look further to a timestamp problem?

Another strange thing is that vlc can't play this rtp stream?

Kind regards,
Stijn.

________________________________
From: Tristan Matthews [mailto:tristan at sat.qc.ca]
Sent: woensdag 11 augustus 2010 18:36
To: Discussion of the development of GStreamer
Subject: Re: [gst-devel] rtp streaming

2010/8/11 Deroo Stijn <S.Deroo at televic.com<mailto:S.Deroo at televic.com>>
Hi all,

I'm struggling with the following.  I want to encode a video file to h264 format, and stream it via rtp over the network.  Attached you find the c code (test6.c) that does the server side job.  On the client side I run the script attached (client-H264-PCMA.sh) to play the rtp stream.

That script is to receive both audio and video. You should modify it to only expect video.

My server output can be found in output.txt.

However, on the client side, 1 frame of the video stream is shown, and that's it.  The video doesn't play, only one image is shown.  If I trace with wireshark however, I can see a lot of udp (rtp) packets containing the stream.

I struggled a lot to get the c code right to use the decodebin element, but I think like it's done in my code does the job?!

Someone any idea why the stream isn't playing?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Stijn.

Tristan Matthews