[gst-devel] Small question regarding giosrc

Tiago Katcipis katcipis at inf.ufsc.br
Thu Aug 12 02:41:27 CEST 2010

It seems like I'm crazy :-) (i could swear i was able to use it without
mounting anything). I found out that the documentation informs that the
location must be mounted:

"If an URI or GFile<http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/usr/share/gtk-doc/html/gio/GFile.html>is
not mounted giosrc will post a message of type
GST_MESSAGE_ELEMENT<http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/gstreamer-GstMessage.html#GST-MESSAGE-ELEMENT:CAPS>with
name "not-mounted" on the bus. The message also contains the
GFile<http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/usr/share/gtk-doc/html/gio/GFile.html>and
the corresponding URI. Applications can use the "not-mounted" message
mount the GFile<http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/usr/share/gtk-doc/html/gio/GFile.html>by
calling
g_file_mount_enclosing_volume()<http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/usr/share/gtk-doc/html/gio/GFile.html#g-file-mount-enclosing-volume>and
then restart the pipeline after the mounting has succeeded. Note that
right after the "not-mounted" message a normal error message is posted on
the bus which should be ignored if "not-mounted" is handled by the
application, for example by calling gst_bus_set_flushing(bus, TRUE) after
the "not-mounted" message was received and gst_bus_set_flushing(bus, FALSE)
after the mounting was successful."

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-plugins/html/gst-plugins-base-plugins-element-giosrc.html

what made me waste time is the fact that this documentation is not on the
main gstreamer documentation:
http://www.gstreamer.net/documentation/plugins.html

gio points to small information about the gio elements. And the giosrc link
doesn't exist... only searching for giosrc gstreamer on google i was able to
find the element documentation. (i searched similar thing before but for
some reason i missed the link :-)).

Sorry for the noise.

Best regards,
Katcipis