[gst-devel] Need help using gst-launch to display a PNG image, part 2

Luciana Fujii Pontello luciana at holoscopio.com
Thu Aug 12 03:32:28 CEST 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-11 at 18:05 -0700, Bill West wrote:

>         gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=overlay.png ! pngdec !
>         ffmpegcolorspace ! videoscale ! imagefreeze ! videomixer
>         name=mix ! autovideosink videotestsrc ! video/x-raw-yuv,
>         width=320, height=240 ! mix
>

> But when I do, all I get is this:
>         WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no element "mix"

To refer to an element created before in gst-launch you need to use the
name of the element with a dot. You're lacking the dot in it, it should
end with "mix.".

> More general question:  where can I look up this stuff, so I don't
> have to keep bugging you guys?  :)

I don't know where to find gst-launch documentation, I'm wondering here
how I learned the syntax. Have you tried man gst-launch? Seems to have
enough information for me.

You can find documentation for videomixer in the gst plugins-good
reference. This and many more manuals and references in
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/.

Regards,

Luciana Fujii