[gst-devel] Propose to add camera control settings to camera source element

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Fri Aug 13 16:13:10 CEST 2010

hi,

On 11.08.2010 07:10, Hu, Gang A wrote:
> Hi,
> I am proposing a way to add the camera control to the camera source
> element to turn on/off some feature in my camera.
> These features need to be exposed to user application for control in
> my camera. Currently, there is no such controls setting in the v4l2src.
> My propose is to add these control settings to photography interface
> and let the camera source element to implement the interface.
> My current implementation is combining all these features to one guint
> type, and add “guint advanced_mode;” to the GstPhotoSettings.
> I also defined one enum type to represent the features bit in
> advanced_mode.
> 191 typedef enum
> 192 {
> 193 GST_PHOTOGRAPHY_GDC = (1 << 0), /* Geometry distortion correction*/
> 194 GST_PHOTOGRAPHY_REDEYE = (1 << 1), /* Redeye reduction */
> 195 GST_PHOTOGRAPHY_CAC = (1 << 2),/* Chromatic Aberration Correction*/
> 196 GST_PHOTOGRAPHY_SHARPEN = (1 << 3),/* Edge enhancement */
> 197 GST_PHOTOGRAPHY_DEMOSAIC = (1 << 4), /* False Color Correction */
> 198 GST_PHOTOGRAPHY_DPC = (1 << 5), /*Defect Pixel Correction*/
> 199 GST_PHOTOGRAPHY_SHADING = (1 << 6), /*Shading Correction */
> 200 GST_PHOTOGRAPHY_BLACK_LEVEL = (1 << 7),/* Black level compensation */
> 201 GST_PHOTOGRAPHY_IMAGE_STABLE = (1 << 8),/* Digital Image
> Stabilization */
> 202 GST_PHOTOGRAPHY_VIDEO_STABLE = (1 << 9)/* VIDEO Stabilization */
> 203 } GstAdvancedMode;
> More features can be added to the GstAdvancedMode to represent other
> features of the camera.
What about GstPhotographyCaptureCorrection (yes quite long, I'll insist
on GstPhotographyXxxx though to keep the namespace).
Also imho _REDEYE is more of a post processing filter (also if the other
are abbreviated, this could be just called RER or RED_EYE_REDUCTION).
Most others need to be either abbreviated or spelled out too.

Can we discuss this in bugzilla? Also are there any extensions proposed
to v4l2 that can be used to implement this? If so please link the
proposal in the bug.

Thanks

Stefan