[gst-devel] Using plugins built with different build systems.

wl2776 wl2776 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 21:18:07 CEST 2010

I use OSSBuild (http://code.google.com/p/ossbuild/).
People there have made remarkable effort to produce a system for building
GStreamer using MS Visual Studio, thanks to them.

However, several plugins don't compile in OSSBuild, for example, mpeg2enc.
It depends on mjpegtools, which doesn't compile with MSVC.
The official site has mingw32 binary build of this library.  I tried linking
to it from MSVC, but failed, because it is a C++ library, and g++ and MSVC++
use completely different name mangling schemes.

Therefore, the question.
What if I build complete GStreamer using MSYS/mingw32 (OSSBuild allows it)
and copy that plugin  (mpeg2enc) to the OSSBuild's installation?
Will it work?