[gst-devel] why videomixer turn videos into black and white?

Sebastian Dröge sebastian.droege at collabora.co.uk
Mon Aug 23 15:18:38 CEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-08-23 at 15:12 +0200, Andres Gonzalez wrote:
> On 23/08/10 14:45, Sebastian Dröge wrote:
> > Which version of gst-plugins-good are you using? Please file a bug about
> > this at http://bugzilla.gnome.org against GStreamer if you're using
> > 0.10.24 or something newer. videomixer is not meant to transform videos
> > into black/white :)
> >

> Hi Sebastian,
>
>   "$ gst-inspect videomixer" says:
> Plugin Details:
> Version 0.10.21

Yes, there was a bug that caused something like this in some situations.
That's fixed since some release

> [...]
>
> Is this  correct?
> Should I "apt-get remove gstreamer0.10-plugins-good" previously?

Are you running Ubuntu? In that case you can get updated packages for
Lucid at
https://launchpad.net/~gstreamer-developers/+archive/ppa/+packages?field.name_filter=&field.status_filter=published&field.series_filter=lucid