[gst-devel] udpsink issues

Tiago Katcipis katcipis at inf.ufsc.br
Mon Aug 23 23:33:13 CEST 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Greg Wunder <gwunder at eoir.com> wrote:

>  Hi -
>
> I have a H.264 encoded file that I want to stream via use of udpsink.
> I've tried most of the online examples, but cannot seem to get an end app
> to receive this data from using gst-launch.
> Current syntax used is : gst-launch filesrc /home/gw/001.mpg ! decodebin !
> udpsink host=192.168.11.255 port=9000.
> What am I missing?

its hardly to say....your pipe seems to be ok, it can be something on the
receiver app.

On gstreamer you can see if there is any data flowing on you pipeline
running your pipe with a identity element:

gst-launch -v filesrc /home/gw/001.mpg ! decodebin ! identity ! udpsink
host=192.168.11.255 port=9000

to know if you are actually receiving the data i would recommend wireshark,
its the only way to be sure if you are really receiving the packets... or
show us your receiving app.

> Are there better network based sinks to use?

if you plan to use udp... udpsink/src is the best you will get.

> Greg

best regards,
Katcipis

http://www.getgnulinux.org/windows