[gst-devel] A problem about writing code with avimux.

Sandeep Prakash 123sandy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 07:00:00 CEST 2010

Laurence wrote:

> I am writing the code to mux video stream and audio stream into a single
> .avi file. A part of my code
>  is as follow:
>
>         /*element link*/
>         gst_element_link_many(videotestsrc, queue, NULL);
>         gst_element_link_many(audiotestsrc, queue, NULL);
>         gst_element_link_many(queue, avimux, filesink, NULL);

Are you sure all the elements in your code are in the same bin. If not add
it.

The above statements are wrong. You cannot use the same "queue" element for
both audio and video.
Take separate queues for each type of stream. Or use "multiqueue". Check the
return values of gst_element_link_many.

If you are creating a "queue" element, then it will be failing. (multiqueue
would succeed).

A better option would be to use pad link (gst_pad_link) when dealing with
muxers. Get the
video and audio pads of muxer and link them with the corresponding queues.

Regards,
Sandeep Prakash
http://sandeepprakash.homeip.net