[gst-devel] Is AIFF support really -bad?

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Wed Aug 25 17:32:17 CEST 2010

On 24.08.2010 10:00, Cedric Hombourger wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Developing a commercial product using GStreamer for media playback, we have to support AIFF which is currently shipped with gstreamer-plugins-bad.
>
> Can someone shed some light on why this plugin is currently belonging to -bad: is the code that bad? are there licensing issues? patent issues? Something missing (we could contribute?) for this plugin to go -good?

Please start using it. If you encounter problems problem file bug
reports. Also if it works great for you, you could file a request to
move the plugin to gst-plugins-good. This is the check list:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/tree/docs/random/moving-plugins

It would be a nice contribution to go thru the list and help with the
missing pieces.

Stefan