[gst-devel] dynamically change video resolution

Marco Ballesio gibrovacco at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 15:05:31 CET 2010

Hi,

2010/12/1 mingqian Han <mq_han at hotmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>     Currently I am working with TI Davinci processor, and I build a
> gstreamer pipeline for video streaming as follows:
>
> v4l2src->capsfilter->tee->queue->resizer->h264encoder->rtph264pay->udpsink
>
> ->queue->resizer->mjpegencoder->filesink
>     It is just a brief outline, and it works ok.
>
>     Now I want to change the resolution from D1->CIF on the fly, currently,
> I do the following:
>     1. get the src pad of queue
>     2. block the pad
>     3. change the properties of resizer and the encoder.
>     4. unblock the pad
>
>     but after that, the pipeline stops working. I am new to gstreamer, and
> wonder if anyone could give me some suggestion.

running the pipeline under GDB and getting a stack trace after the
deadlock occurs will give us some more hints.

Alternatively (in case you don't have gdb running on the device) you can:

1) execute "ulimit -c unlimited" on your device.
2) send a SIGABRT after the deadlock occurs and
3) get the backtrace from the core with the GDB provided in the BSP
(e.g. "gdb /path/to/executable core").

Hope this helps.

Regards