[gst-devel] get element type name

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Wed Dec 1 20:25:15 CET 2010

Hi All,

Let's say I have a udpsrc element named "my_src" created thus:

         recvSrc = gst_element_factory_make( "udpsrc" ,      "my_src"  ));

If I use this construct, I get "GstUdpSrc":

         g_print( "%s\n", g_type_name( G_OBJECT_TYPE( recvSrc )) );

What U'd like to get, instead, is "udpsrc".  Is there a function to do that?

And what are the proper things to call these two items.

Thanks,

Wes