[gst-devel] out flush in gst-openmax

Haakon Sporsheim haakon.sporsheim at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 12:53:28 CET 2010

2010/12/1 Victor Manuel Jáquez Leal <ceyusa at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 11:34 AM, bard <bard_kuo at compalcomm.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thank you vmjl ,
>>
>> I will figure out what's wrong in OpenMax.
>>
>> So for gst-openmax , it doesn't need to modify in gstomx_base_filter.c
>> pad_chain (). Right?
>
> In theory, if your omx component follows "correctly" the spec, no
> changes are needed in gst-openmax
>
> vmjl

I've been trying to use gst-openmax on android utilizing the qualcomm
snapdragon chip in HTC Passion/Google N1. I'm not sure if this is the
same omx core as referenced by Bard. Anyway, I've found that
gst-openmax has some shortcomings. First of all, responding to the
event OMX_EventPortSettingsChanged. So I'm not sure whether or not
gst-openmax "correctly" follows the OpenMAX IL spec. I'm not an expert
in this area so you probably want to wait for an answer from one of
the gst-openmax maintainers!?

Haakon