[gst-devel] Problem with mulicast streaming .

Marco Ballesio gibrovacco at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 11:10:35 CET 2010

Hi Shankar,

> On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 1:07 PM, shankar ganesh <shankar.ganesh at ngintech.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I am using the Gstreamer.0.10 version in a
>>
>> Intel_CE_2110_Media_Processor_Platform which uses the Gstreamer.0.10
>> libraries
>> When I try to do a uncast UDP stream the platform streams successfully,
>> but when I try to
>> do a multicast udp stream the below errors are thrown from the platform
>>
>> Name: udpsrc0
>> Error quark - gst-resource-error-quark
>> Error code 13
>> could not get/set settings from resource

I don't have much experience with multicast (just a few tests on
desktop machines so far), btw maybe the following will help you.

My suspect is that for some reasons your network iface doesn't support
multicast or that the user you're running it from does not have enough
privileges. What if you try and execute the pipeline from a privileged
user (e.g. root)? What if you try in on another machine (e.g. a
desktop)?

Can you report the pipeline(s) you're running? Moreover, it would be
helpful if you can report somewhere the debug output you get when
setting for instance GST_DEBUG=udpsrc:5

If more than 20 lines, please report it to pastebin or as a txt attachment.

Regards