[gst-devel] DirectDrawSink video flickering

Hoyt, David hoyt6 at llnl.gov
Mon Dec 6 19:12:41 CET 2010

> Hi,
> I'm new  in GStreamer, and I'm developing a video player in C#. My player is
> all most done, but I have a little problem. For my player I'm using window
> form elements and the video is rendering on a panel, but when the video is
> playing, it's flickering.

That's interesting. I'm using it right now with no flickering. There's some when you resize a window, but I'm not entirely surprised by that. Did you build it yourself? If you're using ossbuild, try using d3dvideosink (direct 3d video sink) instead. It's still being prepared to be submitted upstream to gstreamer, but it's available in ossbuild. That may prove better than the aging directdrawsink. There's also dshowvideosink (direct show video sink).