[gst-devel] GStreamer audio streaming on Windows

Callewaert Sven S.Callewaert at TELEVIC.com
Mon Dec 6 23:25:53 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm experimenting a bit with GStreamer (ossbuild 0.10.7) on Windows, but I can't seem to make audio streaming between two computers work. All I hear at the receiver side is a short beep followed by silence.

This is the sender pipeline:
gst-launch -v audiotestsrc  ! audioconvert ! rtpL16pay ! udpsink host=224.0.0.7 auto-multicast=true port=4444

This is the receiver pipeline:
gst-launch -v udpsrc multicast-group=224.0.0.7 port=4444 caps="application/x-rtp, media=(string)audio, channels=(int)1, clock-rate=(int)44100, encoding-name=(string)L16" ! gstrtpbin ! rtpL16depay ! audioconvert ! queue ! autoaudiosink

I've already tried different queue settings and codecs. Same thing when I try to stream an audio file, all I hear is about 1 second of it. What could be the problem?